7 Oakdell Omega-3 Brown Eggs, hard-boiled & peeled
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
3 cups water
1 small red beet, peeled and halved
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 fresh chopped dill sprigs
- In a medium pot, mix 1 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 3 cups water. Add the beet and bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour into a large heat-safe jar or bowl (including beet). Add 6 hard-boiled eggs, stir gently, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight for a darker shade of pink (stirring occasionally).
- Remove eggs from liquid. Halve eggs. Place whites on paper towel to remove excess pink liquid and then place on a platter.
- Gently transfer yolks to a bowl and smash. Add ½ of the egg (yolk and white) from the remaining hard-boiled (but not dyed) egg. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and ½ of the dill sprigs to the bowl and mix well.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into the egg whites.
- Garnish with leftover dill.