Ingredients for the Scones:
2 Oakdell Omega-3 Eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
2 cups strawberries, chopped
2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla or vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons raw coconut sugar or granulated sugar
Ingredients for the Whipped Coconut Milk:
1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (full fat), chilled for 8 hours
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Using a pastry cutter or fingers, mix in butter. Leave some chunks of butter to make it flaky and tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and Mexican vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture. Add strawberries. Stir mixture.
- Place two sheets of parchment paper on a sheet pan and lightly flour. Divide dough in half. And place on prepared parchment paper. With floured hands, shape into two 6” circles. It should be about 3/4” thick. Run cold water over a knife and slice each circle into 6 wedges. Sprinkle coconut sugar on top. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes for the best texture and highest rise.
- While the scones are in freezer, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Just before serving, chill metal bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer. Separate fat from liquid of coconut milk. Place fat in chilled bowl and whip until creamy about 1 minute. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and whip for an additional minute. Serve scones with coconut whipped cream and fresh strawberry slices if desired.