Makes four servings
- 4 fresh Oakdell Omega 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes: Protein Packed Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Other optional vegetables: Tomatoes, mushrooms, red peppers
1. Prep your workstation: Preheat waffle iron and turn stove top on to medium heat. Thinly slice vegetables.
2. Sauté your veggies: Add olive oil to nonstick pan and place on heated stove top. Add garlic and red pepper. Once they are sizzling, add spinach, optional veggies, and a pinch of salt to pan. Sauté until spinach is slightly wilted and then remove from heat.
3. Create your Kodiak Power Cake Waffles: Combine the Kodiak Protein Packed Flapjack & Waffle mix and water in a large mixing bowl. Mix together ingredients until the batter is light and fluffy. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the preheated waffle iron. Cook waffle till both sides are golden brown. Transfer waffles to a plate and keep warm.
4. Cook your Oakdell Omega 3 eggs: Crack eggs into a heated non-stick fry pan and cook until desired, either over easy or fully cooked through. Remove from heat.
5. Plate your meal: place a waffle on a plate, then add the sautéed veggies and top with an Oakdell Omega-3 egg. Sprinkle with pepper and salt and enjoy!