• 3 Oakdell egg yolks, slightly beaten
• ¼ cup cornstarch
• 2/3 cup sugar
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 cups milk
• 2 tablespoons butter
• ½ teaspoon vanilla
• Bananas or ½ cup shredded coconut
• Premade pie crust (if raw, cook according to package directions)
• Whipped cream
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar and salt.
2. Slowly add in the milk and the Oakdell egg yolks. Mix well.
3. Cook stirring constantly until the texture is thick (like mayonnaise) and then remove from heat.
4. Stir in the butter and vanilla and cool completely.
5. Stir in the coconut and pour into a baked pie crust. If using for a banana cream pie, slice the bananas and arrange them on the bottom of a baked pie crust and then pour the filling into the crust.
6. Serve the pie with whipped cream.