Recipe is courtesy of www.incredibleegg.org
4 Oakdell Omega-3 Eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup pecan halves OR coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
For cream cheese frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese
½ cup, unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. MIX flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- BEAT pumpkin, granulated sugar, oil and eggs in mixer bowl on low speed until blended. Gradually ADD flour mixture, beating until batter is smooth. SPREAD in greased 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- BAKE in 350°F oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. COOL completely in pan on wire rack.
- FROST pumpkin bars; garnish with pecans. Cut into 40 squares, about 2 x 2 inches each.
- Best cream cheese, butter and vanilla in mixer bowl until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy.