-Recipe is courtesy of www.incredibleegg.org
4 Oakdell Omega-3 Eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup pecan halves OR coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1. HEAT oven to 350°F. MIX flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl.
2. BEAT pumpkin, granulated sugar, oil and eggs in mixer bowl on low speed until blended. Gradually ADD flour mixture, beating until batter is smooth. SPREAD in greased 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
3. BAKE in 350°F oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. COOL completely in pan on wire rack.
4. FROST pumpkin bars; garnish with pecans. Cut into 40 squares, about 2 x 2 inches each.
For cream cheese frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese
½ cup, unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
1. Best cream cheese, butter and vanilla in mixer bowl until smooth.
2. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy.