Protein-Packed Pumpkin Pancakes
(Recipe based on four servings)
- 5 Oakdell Omega-3 Brown Eggs
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I use white whole wheat flour, since the soft, white wheat is the best way to keep these pancakes less dense)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 very ripe medium to large banana (if the banana is not ripe it won’t be sweet enough)
- Optional: mini chocolate chips to taste
- Add all of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a blender. Blend on a low speed until well processed.
- Onto a hot, greased griddle (I use a nonstick cooking spray), pour 1/4 cup of the batter. Cook for about one minute until bubbles start to form on the surface. If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each pancake. Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute on the opposite side.
- Serve the pancakes with butter, syrup or just plain.