1 cup sugar
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
6 Oakdell Omega-3 brown eggs
1 tablespoon water
4 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup butter, room temperature
1 9-inch (premade & baked) crust, either graham cracker or regular (follow package directions to bake, if needed)
1. Mix sugar and cream of tartar in medium heavy saucepan. Add Oakdell eggs and water and beat until well blended.
2. Add chocolate. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and temperature reaches 160 F. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
3. Cool quickly: Set pan in larger pan of ice water. Stir vigorously until temperature of mixture falls to between 80 F and 90 F. Remove pan from ice water and stir in vanilla.
4. Beat butter in mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add cooled egg mixture and beat on high speed 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate, loosely covered, at least 6 hours before serving.
6. Serve with whipped cream and shaved chocolate, if desired.