We do not artificially induce molting in our cage-free organic birds, but we do in our conventional birds. Molting is a natural process that many species go through. Snakes and other reptiles shed their skins, and most birds naturally molt, or lose their feathers about once per year. The purpose of molting is for birds to either rejuvenate themselves, or to make themselves more attractive for potential mates. In commercial egg farms it has been done to rejuvenate egg laying capability. How is it done? In the past, it was done by temporarily withholding feed. When we do it now, birds have their diet changed from a protein rich feed, to one high in fiber.
• Great and affordable source of protein good for any meal
• No hormones or antibiotics are added
• Omega-3s have many benefits
• 10 times more Omega-3 than ordinary white eggs
• A Utah's Own Product - produced in Cache Valley
• Available at most Costcos, Smith's, Harmons, Lee's, WinCo, Super Saver, Fresh Market and Associated Food Stores