[wooslider slider_type=”slides” limit=”2″] Ingredients:
- 4 pieces of Canadian bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, for garnish
- 4 Oakdell Omega-3 Brown eggs
- 2 English muffins
Ingredients for Hollandaise Sauce:
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Oakdell Omega-3 Brown egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cayenne or tabasco
- Heat a large skillet on medium low heat. Add the slices of Canadian bacon. Slowly fry, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides,
- Bring a large saucepan two-thirds-filled with water to a boil, then lower the heat to a bare simmer.
- To make blender hollandaise, melt 10 Tbsp unsalted butter. Put 3 egg yolks, a tablespoon of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender, blend on medium to medium high speed for 20-30 seconds, until eggs lighten in color. Turn blender down to lowest setting, slowly dribble in the hot melted butter, while continuing to blend. Transfer it to a container you can use for pouring and set it on a warm place on or near the stovetop.
- Poach the eggs. Essentially, working one egg at a time you crack an egg into a small bowl and slip it into the barely simmering water. Once it begins to solidify, you can slip in another egg, until you have all four cooking. Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and let sit for 4 minutes.
- Toast English muffins.
- Butter one side of an English muffin. Top with 1 slice of Canadian bacon. Put a poached egg on top of the bacon, then pour some hollandaise over. Sprinkle some parsley over it all and serve at once.
Yield: Makes 4 one-egg one-muffin servings of eggs benedict.