Nutritious Oakdell Omega-3 Deviled Eggs with Sriracha Sauce
Click the link to watch Karen Petersen and Chef Bryan Woolley make the recipe – https://youtu.be/UHK5AkPNvg4
Ingredients – makes 12 egg servings
- 6 hard-boiled Oakdell Omega-3 Brown eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- 4 tablespoons greek yogurt (as a mayo replacement)
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
1. Peel your hard-boiled eggs and cut in half lengthwise. (Reminder: week old eggs are easier to peel once they’ve been hard-boiled).
2. Slip out yolks and put them into a mixing bowl. Put the halved hard-boiled eggs on a platter. Then smash the yolks with a fork and mix-in the salt, dry mustard, pepper, minced onion, sriracha, greek yogurt and 3 tablespoons of the chives.
3. Transfer the yolk mixture to a pastry bag which has been fitted with a star or plain tip, or a zip-top bag (with the corner cut off). Then fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture.
4. Before serving, sprinkle the deviled eggs with the remaining chives and additional sriracha, if desired.