1/4 cup cornstarch
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3 Oakdell Omega-3 brown egg yolks
2 cups milk
2 TBL butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 bananas
1 cup whipped cream
- In a saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- Slowly add in the milk and the egg yolks, mix well. Cook stirring constantly until the texture is thick (like mayonnaise) and then remove from heat.
- Stir in the melted butter and vanilla. Cool completely.
- Slice bananas and arrange in the bottom of pre-baked pie crust.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Top pie with whipped cream and sliced bananas for garnish.
You can also replace the bananas with coconut for a coconut cream pie.