Egg Breakfast Sandwich
(Recipe based on six servings)
- 6 Oakdell Omega-3 Brown Eggs
- 6 English muffins
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of ham or turkey bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: slices of avocado, tomato or red pepper for serving
The variations to this recipe are endless. Other ingredients to add or substitute include: spinach, mushrooms, sauted onions, sausage, bacon bits or whole wheat bread.
If you’d like to cook vegetables, bacon bits or shredded cheese with the eggs, simply scramble each individual egg within the muffin tin and add desired ingredients. Then bake in oven per the directions below.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crack one egg into each individual muffin slot.
- Cook eggs in a 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked through.
- Toast each English muffin and melt one slice of cheese per whole muffin.
- Cook turkey bacon and/or ham per package directions.
- Once all ingredients are prepared layer each ingredient on the breakfast sandwich.
- To store, wrap up each individual sandwich and stack in freezer once they have cooled completely.
- To serve, remove breakfast sandwich and warm up in microwave or oven.
- Add fresh vegetables, such as spinach or slices of avocado or tomato as desired.